Helifusion is a process used for reconditioning of worn out cylindrical components as well as weld overlay. It is a cost-effective and a much quicker alternative to replacement.
- 1.5 to 5 mm thick weld layer is continuously applied with low heat input and minimum material wastage.
- Weld profile allows achievement of a clean surface with 0.25 mm post weld machining depth of cut which gives high-quality weld with good fusion, controlled penetration, no porosity and minimum dilution.
- Excellent transfer of volatile or readily oxidisable elements across the arc.
- Close to 100% of wire content can be achieved.
- Lower heat input yields controlled microstructure and shallow heat affected zone.
- Thickness of deposit can vary without increase in thermally disturbed zone.
- High repair quality with metallurgical bondage
- Nonporous and no limitation on deposit thickness
- Improved properties
- Low heat input and shallow depth of heat affected zone
- Minimum distortion
- Rebuilding between similar and also between dissimilar materials with extensive range of deposit materials
- Quick turnaround
For repair, cladding and building up of:
- Shafts and axles
- Pistons and hydraulic cylinders
- Propeller shafts
- Bearing seating and liners
- Imported components
- Other cylindrical components
The Helifusion Process combines simplicity of operation with close control of operating parameters. It can only be applied using equipment and system designed, developed, and specifically manufactured by NESL.